Search This Blog

Monday 7 August 2017

Crochet Heroes - Lillabjorn

If you hunt for overlay crochet you're bound to find this lady. You'll find Tatsiana Kupryianchyk at LillaBjorn. There is even a pattern called 'Sophie loves LillaBjorn'. So tempted!
I've done a few patterns by Tatsiana and yeh! I do have an image to show you. Every time I feel the need to learn something new I make another one. fortunately she's a very prolific lady!

Here is my version of Spanish Mandala.
Occasionally Tatsiana tells us where her inspiration comes from, this one was inspired by a plate design. And sometimes it's obvious, like the Peacock Bag. But I'd really like to witness how she works on an idea. For me working out an idea is a really painful soul searching process. Having to settle on just one idea and throwing the rest away, choosing this stitch over that stitch, sifting through all the possibilities. I'd really like to be a fly on the wall in  the LillaBjorn house!
The other thing I'd like to throw in here, is colour. First you choose your yarn and then you choose from the colours available. So often I get it wrong, or I'm unsure, even though I know the theories behind colour. But I love Tatsiana's colour choices. Sometimes she uses a limited palette, but usually she uses rich colours that really make your heart sing!

I've been waiting to publish this post because I've been waiting for my cousin's wedding. I couldn't show you what I'd made for Natalie until now! It's the Sunny Mandala pattern with the Dandelion border
The colour choice was quite risky for me, but I'm really thrilled with the way it's turned out. Using colour theory I picked two pairs of complementary colours.

Here's a little Serendipity, the Scheepjes autumn CAL this year is by LillaBjorn, and it's very exciting. Using Overlay crochet, Mosaic crochet and Corner to corner crochet. So Pop over to the LillaBjorn website to find out more about the Spirits of Life CAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment