Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Getting Going

Like many kids I learnt chain stitch as a small child but never moved beyond that. Nan Jan got me started by throwing me in at the deep end with a granny square. This I learnt by the tried and tested 'monkey see, monkey do' method! I actually hate granny squares, they remind me of the seventies, but it got me going and after that I practised with some simple flower designs.


 Once I got this book things started taking off. There's a heavily thumbed section at the front which gives clear diagrams of stitches. My dyslexic brain can never the difference between a bobble, a puff and a popcorn!






The book that actually lives in my Project Box is Edie Eckmans. Not only is it well thumbed but it has permanent book marks too!














No comments:

Post a Comment