Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Crochet Heroes - Dedri Uys


The next important landmark on my learning journey was when I made Sophie's Garden in No 10 crochet cotton as a gift for my Mum.This was my introduction to overlay crochet. On my 'what-do-I-like?' journey, it was the flowers that really attracted me. Sadly I forgot to photograph it. (Note to self-stop doing this!)
I started following Dedri Uys' Blog after that. What an amazing lady, I have no idea how she manages to achieve so much.

I started looking for something similar to work on and at that time there was little overlay crochet so of course I ended up making the Enchanted Garden Tote Bag, which is based on Dedri's design. Once again it was a gift that I didn't photograph!


I kept putting off Sophie's Universe, I'd never attempted such a large project and didn't have an excuse. In the end I made it for my Mum from Scheepjes ColourCrafter. Mum is now in a care home and trying to find something for her is very difficult. So this was an ideal gift. I chose the colours that I thought Mum would like.

The following year I used the Enchanted Garden pattern to make her a pair of cushions and yeh I remembered to take a snap!



No comments:

Post a Comment