Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Mug Mat Maybe?

 No it's not a crossword clue it's a mini mandala overlay pattern!
I've had two mini overlay patterns hanging around for sometime, which I've been intending to do something with. I've finally admitted to myself that I'll never get round to it. So I thought that maybe you could do something with them! 
I'm absolutely rubbish at naming patterns, but just as I started writing this the Chinese Meadow Rue came into flower in my garden. (Thalictrum Delavayi) 
Here is the white one nestling in the shade of an Acer. I've made the flowers look massive but the blooms on this incredibly delicate looking plant are only about a centimetre in diameter. So I'm naming this also for Ruby, my rescued Lurcher who is now old and doddery.
Made out of 4ply they are the perfect size for card toppers.
Made out of a thicker (DK maybe) cotton they make excellent mug mats. 

For the Mug mat I've used Scheepjes Softfun and a 4mm hook. I've gone with Scheepjes Sunkissed and Scheepjes Cotton 8 with a 3mm hook for the card toppers. Or for a really cute lighter weight motif you could try a crochet thread like Scheepjes Maxi. This one uses a 1.75mm hook.
Click here to open the Pdf Pattern. I've added a couple of links on the pattern which take you to two of my previous Blogs. If you're unfamiliar with these terms you might find them helpful. Normally I would start a pattern like this with a magic ring but instead I'm using the 'Chain 2' technique I told you about in the last post.
 I've given you two options for the final round, mainly because I hate making decisions!
To save your printer's ink I'm putting the round by round images here.
 The pattern comes with a diagram/chart which will hopefully make stitch placement a breeze. It's the first circular chart I've drawn all by myself. Actually that's not quite true I still had to get some help from Nick, acting as my technical guru! Hopefully the sister pattern to this one won't take as long now I've had some practise. I'm planning to have it ready in a fortnight.
Hope you enjoy using up some of your odds and ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment