Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Crochet Tips: Cluster Stitches Part2

I may have got a bit carried away looking into cluster stitches. I've found so many really interesting stitches to share with you that it will take more than one post.
Lets start with Pineapple Stitch
 This stitch is basically a puff stitch with a double crochet (UK) on top. Here's how it's made.
Yarn over the hook, insert into stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop...
 Repeat this for each stitch required, here I am using four Half Trebles.
Yarn over and pull through the first eight loops, so that you are left with two loops on the hook.
Yarn over and pull through these two loops.
Raised Pineapple Stitch. 
 This time the pineapple is made of six treble stitches, which are made on top of the fabric.
 
You will need to have made three rows of double crochet. I have started this row making double crochet stitches as well, 
now insert the hook in the next stitch three rows below, yarn over and pull up a loop...
yarn over, insert hook in the same place, yarn over and pull up a loop...

yarn over and pull through the first two loops only...
repeat the last two steps for each stitch required, here I have made six trebles...
yarn over and pull through all the remaining loops.


I hope these posts are helpful. I am dyslexic and being confronted by written instructions that say YO blah blah blah makes my head spin so I always try to break down these type of instructions. 
I have at least two more posts on clusters planned for you, in the next post we go horizontal!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment